01 May 2011

Finally, we can see the sun peaking through the clouds, though it still seems so far.

Shana and I went to see Rango recently, and we took photos at the photobooth there.







Then Mer got out of her movie, and we took photos with her, too. It was really hard to get everyone cramped into that tiny little machine!






April 21 was the start of Easter break. Shana, Mer, Christine and I got in my car and went on a roadtrip. We started out going to the Eggplant for breakfast, and it was super delicious. We were going to start the wandering at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo (or Burnett Park Zoo), but it was hailing, so we just wanted to get out of town.
Onward!

So we drove towards Pittsburgh. We really wanted to go to the dinosaur museum there. As we went through the Buffalo toll booth, we saw a exit that said Niagara Falls (-->). So we went. Being a national landmark, we figured there would be signs all over the place to get there, so we didn't really bother touching the GPS. This was a really bad assumption. There were zero signs. We drove around in a few circles, and finally stopped at a Tim Hortons so I could use their WiFi to find it. In the midst of this, Shana found it on my GPS and we were on our way again.
Unfortunately, one of the bridges towards the Falls was near a huge landfill, and I almost choked and veered the car off of said bridge, but we managed.
Finally, we made it to the falls. It was cold and wet, but nice to look at. Also, it was super floody, so the water wasn't the nice blue you'd expect.

After that, we walked to a nearby aquarium. It was a little difficult to get there, since our map was a little confusing. We had to stop in a really sketchy gas station to get directions, but we did get there. I don't have photos of the animals there, but there was quite a few, and we watched some seals do tricks.
We also found this shark mouth.

We eventually made it back to the car and had a picnic lunch, which was fun and delicious, and headed back towards Pittsburgh. When we finally made it, we met with Bill for a while, and I met his new ratties. They were super cute. It was so nice to be able to talk with him for a little bit, even if it had to be a little rushed.
We then found a place to stay. We found a Red Roof Inn in Monroeville and got a two bed place for $70, which was nice. It was a decent room. The next morning, at nine, we heard a knock, and "house-keeping!" She couldn't hear us call out that we were checking out later in the morning, so I went to the door to tell her. In a very scary stereotypical way, it turned out she was Mexican. After she left, I heard Mer say "Yes, Mister Muscles." (She's very good at saying it.) We later cleaned up ourselves and our stuff, packed the car, and got ready to check out and leave for the museum.


We made it to Oakland and found a parking place (luckily!) and went to the museum, and it was awesome!

We saw parts of the museum I hadn't had the opportunity to the last time I was there, and it was so much fun. After that, we went to a Five Guys for burgers, said bye to Bill, and went to Shana's aunt's and uncle's before leaving town. We couldn't really figure out where to go, though. We thought about going to Cincinnati, or Cleveland, or even just taking the long way home and stopping somewhere along the way. But then, we found a little place on the GPS map: Akron, Ohio. Neither of us had ever been to Ohio, so that's where we went. When we got to town, we had dinner at a Cracker Barrel (because I'd never been to one, which is apparently a really really bad thing), and stayed at another Red Roof Inn. The next morning, we headed home, and took an extra long way. It was very tiring, even though I only drove part of it.
That night, we celebrated Shana's birthday at Red Lobster, and I took her to the Dark Horse and bought her a drink for her 21st birthday. On Monday, we went to the zoo.

There's a photo in an album somewhere of me trying to wake up a lion at this zoo when I was two years old. This time, I succeeded. Sort of. She was already awake. I guess I succeeded in keeping her awake a little longer.
So that was our Easter! It was a great deal of fun, and I'm so glad that this was how I spent Easter my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment