20 September 2011
15 September 2011
I am a boy.
I am a girl.
I am shorter than 5’4.
I think I’m ugly sometimes.
I have many scars.
I tan easily.
I wish my hair was a different color.
I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color.
I have a tattoo.
I am self-conscious about my appearance.
I have/I’ve had braces.
I wear glasses.
I would get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free of cost, and scar-free.
I’ve been told I’m attractive by a complete stranger.
I have more than 2 piercings.
I have piercing in places besides my ears.
I have freckles.
I’ve sworn at my parents.
I’ve run away from home.
I’ve been kicked out of the house.
I have a sibling less than one year old.
I want to have kids someday.
I’ve lost a child.
I’m in school.
I have a job.
I’ve fallen asleep at work/school.
I almost always do/did my homework.
I’ve missed a week or more of school.
I’ve been on the Honor Roll within the last 2 years.
I failed more than 1 class last year.
I’ve stolen something from my job.
I’ve slipped out an “lol” in a spoken conversation.
Disney movies still make me cry.
I’ve peed from laughing.
I’ve snorted while laughing.
I’ve laughed so hard I’ve cried.
I’ve glued my hand to something.
I’ve had my pants rip in public
I was born with a disease/impairment
I’ve gotten stitches/staples.
I’ve broken a bone.
I’ve had my tonsils removed.
I’ve sat in a doctor’s office/emergency room with a friend.
I’ve had my wisdom teeth removed.
I had a serious surgery.
I’ve had chicken pox.
I’ve had measles
I’ve driven over 200 miles in one day
I’ve been on a plane.
I’ve been to Canada.
I’ve been to Mexico
I’ve been to Niagara Falls.
I’ve been to Japan.
I’ve celebrated Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
I’ve been to Europe.
I’ve been to Africa.
I’ve gotten lost in my city.
I’ve seen a shooting star.
I’ve wished on a shooting star
I’ve seen a meteor shower.
I’ve gone out in public in my pajamas.
I’ve pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
I’ve kicked a guy where it hurts.
I’ve been to a casino.
I’ve been skydiving.
I’ve gone skinny dipping.
I’ve played spin the bottle.
I’ve drank a whole gallon of milk in one hour.
I’ve crashed a car.
I’ve been skiing.
I’ve been in a play.
I’ve met someone in person from Myspace.
I’ve caught a snowflake on my tongue.
I’ve seen the Northern lights.
I’ve sat on a roof top at night.
I’ve played chicken.
I’ve played a prank on someone.
I’ve ridden in a taxi.
I’ve seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
I’ve eaten sushi.
I’ve been snowboarding.
I’m in a relationship.
I’ve gone on a blind date.
I’ve been the dumped more than the dumper.
I miss someone right now.
I have a fear of abandonment.
I’ve gotten divorced.
I’ve had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back.
I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
I’ve kept something from a past relationship.
I’ve had a crush on someone of the same sex.
I’ve had a crush on a teacher.
I am a cuddler.
I’ve been kissed in the rain.
I’ve hugged a stranger.
I have kissed a stranger.
I’ve done something I promised myself I wouldn’t.
I’ve snuck out of my house.
I have lied to my parents about where I am
I am keeping a secret from the world.
I’ve cheated while playing a game.
I’ve cheated on a test.
I’ve run a red light.
I’ve been suspended from school.
I’ve witnessed a crime.
I’ve been in a fist fight.
I’ve been arrested.
I’ve consumed alcohol.
I’ve passed out from drinking.
I have passed out drunk at least once in the past 6 months.
I’ve smoked weed
I’ve taken painkillers when I didn’t need them.
I’ve eaten shrooms.
I’ve popped E.
I’ve inhaled Nitrous.
I’ve done hard drugs.
I have cough drops when I’m not sick.
I can swallow about 5 pills at a time no problem.
I have been diagnosed with clinical depression.
I have been diagnosed with one or more anxiety disorder.
I shut others out when I’m depressed.
I take anti-depressants.
I have been anorexic or bulimic.
I’ve slept an entire day when I didn’t need it.
I’ve hurt myself on purpose.
I’ve woken up crying.
I’m afraid of dying.
I hate funerals.
I’ve seen someone dying.
Someone close to me has committed suicide.
I’ve planned my own suicide.
I’ve attempted suicide.
I’ve written a eulogy for myself.
I own over 5 rap CDs.
I own an iPod or MP3 player.
I have an unhealthy obsession with anime/manga.
I own multiple designer bags, costing over $100 a piece.
I own something from Hot Topic.
I own something from Pac Sun.
I collect comic books.
I own something from Gap.
I own something I got from e-bay.
I own something from Abercrombie.
I can sing well.
I’ve stolen a tray from a fast food restaurant.
I open up to others easily.
I watch the news.
I don’t kill bugs.
I hate hearing songs that sacrifice meaning for the sake of being able to rhyme.
I curse regularly.
I sing in the shower.
I am a morning person.
I paid for my cell phone ring tone.
I’m a snob about grammar.
I am a sports fanatic.
I twirl my hair
I have “x”s in my screen name.
I love being neat.
I love Spam.
I’ve copied more than 30 CD’s in a day
I bake well.
My favorite color is either white, yellow, pink, red or blue
I’ve worn pajamas to school.
I like Martha Stewart.
I know how to shoot a gun
I am in love with love.
I am guilty of tYpInG lIkE tHiS.
I laugh at my own jokes.
I eat fast food weekly.
I believe in ghosts.
I am online 24/7, even as an away message.
I’ve not turned anything in and still got an A in a certain class.
I can’t sleep if there is a spider in the room.
I am really ticklish.
I love white chocolate
I bite my nails.
I play video games.
I’m good at remembering names.
I’m good at remembering dates.
I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
11 September 2011
- After graduation, I adopted little French Toast. She's a Cream Self rat. She has since gotten to be the size of Bielle, who has since stopped growing longer and has started becoming fatter. Both rats like to annoy me by chewing on the bars of the cage, because they know it gets my attention.
- I worked pretty much all the friggin time over the summer, back at Otto's. I made decent money, but it all went to rent and security for the apartment, as well as gas to get here and groceries. It's really nice not to have to hear "I'd like to place an order TO GO: I'd like a cheeseburger deluxe, and a pepsi -- and this is TO GO -- and I need a kids nuggets and a small coffee. And that's all TO GO." Oh. sure. Ugh... (This really does happen...) Sometimes they got their food, sat at the counter, and then ate it there. Jerks.
- My apartment is huge (By living-on-my-own-for-four-months standards). It's really nice, and I have a patio, which is always good, even though I haven't used it yet, beyond drying the shoes I washed. I don't have outside chairs...
- Moving here was atrocious, but also pretty fun. I'm glad I had people to help me out.
- Possum's tumor has gotten unfortunately large. At this point, I'm waiting for her to let me know that she can't handle it anymore. Right now, she spends lot of time cuddling me. She still runs across the floor when the food bag comes out.
- Cinder has begun to develop hind leg paralysis, and she sort of drags her back end along. She still has some pretty extensive use of her back legs, but it is apparent at this point that moving them is hard for her. She is currently on an anti-inflammatory to see if there is any improvement, but some muscles have already atrophied. Sometimes, she can only eat with one hand, because she has to use the other one to keep her balance.
- When training started, we had to take exams in Organic, Inorganic, Analytical, and P-chem. Two per day, beginning at eight in the morning. The exams sucked, and the department said "Statistically, you will fail out of the program." I know I am better than what the exams say. I have a hard time testing at eight in the friggin morning, no matter how much I study. Especially when I had to get up at five to catch the bus. Besides, a Ph.D is based on performance over time. So eff that bullocks. I can't wait to punch those guys in the face with my awesome degree.
- I'm teaching two labs right now, and I hate grading. Also, my students don't know how to follow directions.
- My Organic Synthesis professor, Kay, says I'll ace the course because I took Advanced Organic (and was the only person in the class to take anything beyond sophomore organic), and her class is like, an easier version of it. Awesome.
- Descriptive Inorganic sucks.
- I love living in this house. I love cooking (usually), and I've already had the opportunity to experiment in the kitchen, all of which have turned out delicious.
- I threw a house-warming party last weekend. It was so nice to have people in the house, making noise and keeping me company.
- I have not yet moved into the Natural History Museum, but I am planning on it.
- I bought all my own furniture for the house (with a few exceptions). I now have a fantastic platform bed.
- I constructed all of the furniture I purchased. I had help only with the desk and office chair, which Kevin and Ricky were available to help me with.
- As it turns out, I HAVE to go downtown to get to Oakland, because no buses run directly from West View to Oakland. Not fun when I have to be in Oakland late at night.
- There are a thousand malls in Pittsburgh.
- I may or may not obtain a hookah in the near future.
- I've made a lot of friends since arriving here. Only one of them is an American. The rest are international students. Mostly Chinese. And one Turk. Who sounds like a British man. And is hairy like a bear.
- Erin is my best Pitt friend. Within days of meeting her, we were talking about religion, politics, family dynamics, and boys. This never ever happens to me.
- Because of some scholarship I was unaware that I had, I can order a new computer for my home, as well as computer accessories, up to $2000. I am going to buy a fantastic new iMac for my desk, with a 2TB Time Capsule external hard drive to back it up. Can't even wait.
- Living alone is lonely business, but I also like the quiet that comes with it. So, I have mixed feelings about living alone.
- Having Shana around last weekend was really nice, because we had some time to talk about the apartment, and discuss our favourite boys in our lives.
- I miss my wife, Jamie.
- I miss vacationing in Rhode Island.
- I miss video games (and also my mom).
- I miss my whole family, actually. Including Dante.