12 February 2009

I'm going to invent a keyboard with a heart button. I'll replace friggin' Fn with it

The past few days have been kind of stressful. I have been working hard on NMR, just trying to understand it before the exam this Friday. I think I've got it now, but we'll see I guess.
On Tuesday, I visited Professor Leo after work, and she gave me some more stuff to work with. Then I visited Joe Mullins, and he went over a few problems with me, and then I went to calculus, and then back to see Mullins. And just before I left, my advisor, the Analytical/Instrumental Chemistry professor, Anna O'Brien, came in, and suddenly, the three of us were talking about movies! I left after a few minutes, though. I know OBrien had something to discuss with Mullins, and I had already kept him late, so I didn't want to continue to prolong his return home.
In terms of work on Tuesday, it became another time where I just wanted to punch Kirby. He scheduled an appointment for me to work on his computer whilst he has a class, which means I can't enter his office, because he did not give us permission prior to the appointment. UGH. It probably means I'll have to visit his office tomorrow.
Today was also busy. Wednesdays, I have two more classes than Mondays, so I don't really get much rest until I get out of lab. And during my breaks, I was working on studying for Dante and NMR. I have to remember to do conjugated dienes tomorrow.
I also have to start a short story for creative writing on Tuesday. My idea is pretty interesting, and when I mentioned it in class [we were supposed to talk about all of our ideas so we could get feedback], it sparked a really big discussion! I didn't really expect it, as it was just my "this is really silly and could be cute" idea, but everyone seems to like it a lot, so I've chosen that one. I've nearly written a page already, so we'll see how it goes. This is the idea:

The journey of the wheat in bread, as it goes from seed to plant to dough to bread to house and consumption. The bread, being a humourous and light hearted character, explains the journey step by step in the first person. A feeling of fulfillment is reached just as it is about to be eaten. An allegory on the journey of a human from life to death, and the finding of a sort of “Nirvana” in fulfilling one’s life goals.


It's really fun to write so far. I hope I can pull it off well.

Today, I picked up my jacket, and it's really cool! I'm so excited, but the weather isn't quite warm enough to wear it, so I'll have to wait, I guess.



It's time for me to go to bed. I have to work at 900am. Ew.

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide between cute, cool, or hot. I really just want to say hot because ... well, just because. Cutehotcool. Hotcutecool. H... I can't do it. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete