10 February 2009

Today was ambiguous.

Work sucked. I was late to class [Dante] again, because this sucky woman wanted me to teach her everything about blackboard. So I taught her how to use email on the site. And she types an email on our computer. And I show her how to remove students no longer enrolled in her course. And she makes me do it for her. And she wants to post her homework. Right now. All these things wouldn't be that terrible, except she doesn't listen well, and I have to repeat directions to her six times. And she is a very slow, key-by-key with two fingers typer. Seriously the worst. And then Joan kept trying to ask me questions, but the woman was talking to me at the same time, and... it was just insane. And then, of course, is the fact that I was late to Dante. Ugh...
Also, I've been having trouble with NMR Spectroscopy, which is a technique common to chemistry and known to the medical world as MRI. I have to review it a lot, and luckily, Barbara Leo has offered to help me learn it, as well as Joe Mullins. Hopefully I can get it by Friday, if I work hard. Conjugated Dienes is a little harder than I remember it being when we went over it in lecture, since I had a hard time with it in workshop, so I have to remember to work on that, too.
On a much brighter note, I'm going up to Potsdam to see Bill this weekend, which makes me really happy. I just hate being away from him. Not because I can't handle it, but because, over a weekend, I get so used to that amazing warmth of cuddles, and sleeping in his bed that I can't help but feel a little lonely when I come back here. Like my bed is too big. Too cold. Things are just too empty. But it's okay, because I can tell myself that someday, we won't have to wait several weeks or a month to enjoy each other's warmth, and when I think of it that way, I can snuggle up with his pillow and sleep well. Most of the time, anyway, but then again, I think about a lot of things come bedtime, so I almost always have a bit of trouble sleeping.
I guess I don't know what else to say tonight. I'm going to bed, so I can get up pretty early and work on NMR so I have questions for Leo and Mullins, since I plan to visit both of them at some point tomorrow, and I need to do it before work, which is at 10am. So, goodnight, I guess.



This picture has nothing to do with my mood. It's just freaking adorable. But maybe I just really like Riza :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment