24 January 2009

Leather Lounge Lunacy

Today, I woke up twenty minutes before three, and sat around, did some homework, and then went to dinner. After dinner, Jim and I went to play pool in the leather lounge, but Trippy Kevin was there, and I played with him. Soon after Jim left, a bunch of Trippy Kevin's friends came, including Joy, and Sammy, some guy from Kenya who works at IT.
We soon got into a discussion about philosophy, and why we have to take so many philosophy courses, and then debated about a hundred other things. Somehow, Trippy Kevin gave me his headphones and had me listen to some music, which is odd, since he doesn't really seem like that kind of guy, and then he left. And I was there, with Joy and Sammy and Francis, and two other guys, and we talked about a lot of stuff. We told fish stories and pet stories and talked about a lot of other things. I can't even remember anymore. We stayed there in the leather lounge talking for nearly five hours. It was insane! And then I decided to leave, since I had to work on this creative writing homework and take pills.
It was really fun, but I kept getting that feeling that I don't really belong there, talking and laughing with them. It's a feeling I've been having a lot lately.
As for this creative writing homework, I'm finding the journal assignment to be really dumb. It's asking for so much, and I keep losing focus. I'll have to finish it tomorrow. I just can't do it tonight. The second part of the assignment shouldn't be that hard, though. I've already written half of the story, and I know what the poem is going to be about. So, as long as the words come out right, I should be fine.
I remember that, when I woke up this afternoon, I realized that I had missed BRUNCH, and I didn't really care at all. And I wasn't even thinking about going to dinner until I had started feeling shaky. As it turns out, dinner these last few days has been pretty sucky. But I also find that I just don't care. Food doesn't seem to interest me much. I had mushrooms for dessert today, again. But that was because the real desserts didn't even sound appealing. I suppose that sounds really ridiculous.
I'm also getting really easily annoyed. It happens sometimes, and the feeling usually passes pretty quickly, but it's not this time. So I don't know what is happening to me. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually, though.
As for right now, though, I think it's time for bed. I haven't been awake that long, but I am tired, and my back is starting to hurt from sitting in this chair.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment